Since the excitement of a daily tomato harvest has passed, the greenhouse has started to look like it’s being reclaimed by nature. Coupled with some hen-related untidying, it’s a sorry sight. Normally I would leave this until the moment it’s time to plant seeds but this year I’m determined to be more organised.
Today was the last sunny autumnal day forecast for a while (probably the next 9 months actually) so perfect for garden activity.
Here’s what I did..
- Remove dead leaves and lightly prune vine while it’s dormant (and in case I forget to do it next month)
- Pick last tomatoes and cut down stalks – keeping pots of used compost to reuse
- Re-pot all the cuttings the hens have scattered onto the floor
- Sort all pots – chuck broken ones, keep everything else ‘just in case’ I suddenly need 279 pots next year
- Sweep dead leaves, pull up weeds